Personal log. Star Date: January 3, 2017

Mood: dread mixed with feelings of inadequacy and excitement with a dash of tiredness.
Tomorrow is my student's first day back after Winter Break. I'm anticipating it will be a rough day. Almost 2 weeks of assumed non-medication comes to an abrupt halt. Working at the type of school that I do, many of my students benefit from taking medication to aid in issues of focus, inattention, and hyperactivity. Some only take medication on school days, but don't take it outside of school. While I understand why, it's not always an on/off switch. While we can sometimes tell when a kid hasn't had his/her meds for a day or two (extra chatty, very hyper and fidgety, more irritable and less patient with those around them) it can take a few days for symptoms to become more problematic and require more patience, attention and self discipline on the part of the student, his/her peers and the teachers charged with helping them ALL to learn. It's more of a dimmer switch that takes time to
wean in and out of their system. I want to say I'm excited to see my students tomorrow, but I'm in a bit of a funky mood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day