Being a teacher is tough. You have highs and lows. You see kids struggle and succeed each and every day, making their own small victories. Today's victory story comes from one of my 8th graders. We take a benchmark test 3 times each year to gage how our students are doing with grade level concepts. One of my students made such a drastic improvement from fall to winter that I couldn't wait to show him. I showed him where he started in the fall and when I showed him where he scored today, the smile on his face and his excitement at himself made me about cry! It is one thing for me to be excited at my students successes, but that good feeling intensifies immensely when a student is excited at their own accomplishments and growth. #teacherlife #thisismywhy #worthit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day