So I'm home now from Spring Break 2019: Utah.

Messaging Scott when I got home:
Trying to make a list of things I can do to keep my feelings from vacation (calm, peace, lower stress) as well as continue the weight loss. (Weighed 235 on 3/10. Weigh 228 on 3/30)
Thinking of some at home yoga in the mornings to stretch and ease some of my morning anxiety (like what happened Friday morning), eating more real food and less processed/fast food (considering Keto, but compromising by consciously eating less sugar and pasta and eating more veggies and fats.... might need to look me up some keto info/recipes), exercising a little more regularly (ok, exercising at all would be an improvement), getting out and in the sun to help my vitamin D deficiency.

As for improving mental health, doing things I enjoy more often and trying to get more organized with work so I'm not spending all my time outside of work working on work stuff. I give this place too much of my waking hours. Also, spending some time journaling definitely helped process some of the feelings (as well as talking with you about them. ) and taking more time for vacations.

To which Scott responded:
That is a lot of stuff. Pick one or two of the things and do that well for a week or so. Then add to it. But make sure you leave yourself to have success. Not in a hurry

I responded with:
Good point. 🤔 I've probably failed at doing a lot of these things in the past because I try to do too much at once.

So, I'll be making a list of a few things and picking one to work and focus on for 2 weeks. I may give myself a pre-assessment and post assessment to see how things are going with it, but I'm excited to try to keep that vacation feeling for as long as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day