Written in Uncle Scott's Mancave. I'm on spring break in Utah without my parents or sisters.
Today was a great day. I feel like I fit 4 days worth of events and memories into one day.
I got to go to the Salt Lake Temple today and it was great! I was there to see some people, the Terry's, from Perrysburg ward, get sealed to their adopted daughter. Joyce ended up being their escort so she got permission to watch the sealing with me. One of the things I remembered from the sewing was the sealer saying something like "you can't succeed greatly if there isn't a chance you might also fail miserably". I know I butchered the quote, but it kind of makes sense. If everything is given to us, than did we really succeed? Life isn't like a store bought bird feeder. It's like a do it yourself kit. Does it have all the pieces? Who knows. It does come with an instruction manual, but it's 531 pages long (The Book of Mormon).
I was able to tell Joyce about the one time I got to go to the temple with Grandpa and Grandma before grandpa died. On the drive back to the house, I decided to stop by Grandpa's grave. It didn't take long to find it, but I began crying shortly after I found it. I sad some words, expressed some thank yous, and turned to leave. I hadn't gotten more than a few steps when I remembered how much Grandpa liked me playing the piano and I turned back towards his headstone and sang/spoke/recited/mouthed the first verse of "Families Can Be Together Forever" and cried some more.

Comments