Recently, I received an ADHD "diagnosis". I say "diagnosis" because my NP (nurse practitioner) wasn't sure if that's what was causing my issues. She decided to try me on a dose of Adderall with the understanding that if it wasn't what my body needed, I'd know it pretty quick. This is because Adderall is a stimulant medication that helps the brain allow the neurons to deal with..... well something better. If my body didn't need the stimulant, taking one would overstimulate my body and I'd have heart palpitations, feel hot and look flushed. Those "side effects" kinda scared me a bit. Even though I got the prescription on a Wednesday, I didn't want to take it and have palpitations with my students in the room. I waited to take it till I'd gotten a better night's sleep. I took my first Adderall on the way to church 3/17/19. I knew I'd be surrounded by medical professionals if I ended up
feeling anything out of the ordinary. But I didn't. I just felt calmer. Not overly noticeable, just enough that while I was sitting in sacrament meeting, the noisy kiddos weren't as annoying as they usually were.
I took 1 Adderall each day this last week when I was going to be at work and I couldn't exactly pinpoint when it kicked in or wore off, but I could kind of feel the difference in how much calmer I was, or how I was able to remain focused on a task instead of bouncing around from thing to thing and accomplishing nothing.
Having not taken it over the weekend, it's been.... "normal"? I lived for 34 years like this, and I could tell my brain was a bit more jumpy the last couple days. I go back to the NP on 4/19 for a check-in to see how the meds are working as well as to check my Vitamin D levels again which were super low when I went in the first time. Normal vitamin D levels are between 30-100. Mine was a 17.4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day