Today is one of those days that I know those around me love, support and believe in me. I had a project funded on DonorsChoose today by family, friends, coworkers and a fantastic match in honor of the one millionth classroom funded. Each time my email would ding to let me know of another donation, it seems now was like a little voice saying "I believe in what you are doing and I want to help."
At a time when I'm unsure of myself, how I'm going to get everything done and if I'm even making a difference, these little reminders were just the tender mercy I needed. After thanking some of my donors via text, one of them messaged back, unsure if her small contribution had made a difference. I responded with the following:
"It was perfect! Not to get super sappy this late at night (and it may also be the PMS hormones talking)🤦🏽‍♀️, but looking back on all the love people showed me and my kiddos today, I kept receiving little notices every time someone donated and it feels like little reminders to me that the people in my life believe that I can make a difference even when I struggle to see that difference in my classroom each day. ☺️"

Her response bright me to tears....

Julie we don't just BELIEVE you CAN make a difference, we KNOW you already ARE. Teaching is one of the most thankless professions there is, and you have the students no one else even wants. You give them your heart and soul, and there is no doubt you are positively impacting their futures, even if you can't see them blossom yet.

Oh man! Even reading that now, I still start crying. Another friend who had also donated chimed in.....

Julie you're an amazing teacher with the biggest heart! Your kiddos are lucky to have you as their teacher, but also just to have them in their life!

[pause while I look for tissues] I can't say that either if there responses shocked me. They are amazing women that have been so supportive and inclusive of me that has made my "single female in a family ward" time so much easier. I responded with

Well now I'm really crying! Thank you so much! We teachers deal with late nights, rude parents and hormonal kiddos just for those rarely seen "ah ha" moments. Those moments when a student finally understands the point you have been trying to teach or they confide in you why they are struggling and let you help them. It definitely isn't easy, but those moments can make so much of the unpleasantness of teaching bearable.

I love how the Lord loves us so much that he puts amazing people in our lives that not only show their support but also emulate His love for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day