Quote Me
Do you have a favorite quote that you return to again and
again? What is it, and why does it move you?
I've got a few favorite quotes....ok, well more than a few. I have a lot of different quotes I love, for very different reasons. A couple of them are included in this post:
I've got a few favorite quotes....ok, well more than a few. I have a lot of different quotes I love, for very different reasons. A couple of them are included in this post:
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's tough enough." Sherman T. Potter to Hawkeye Pierce
I love this quote. So often, I compare myself in my current situation to people around me. I look at what I have, where I am in life, how I do things and how I struggle to get everything done like those around me appear to and it's depressing! But this quote reminds me to only try to be a better version of myself, not of anyone else.
"Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain." Elder Richard G. Scott
This quote came at a time in my life when I had had quite a few trials smack me back to back to back! This quote gave me so much comfort that the trials I was receiving were probably not because of sin, but because the Lord was ready for me to grow.... a lot!
Comments