Gratitude journal: day 18
I'm grateful for past experiences, funny stories, and late-night doctors offices.
A friend received some unpleasant news about her job tonight. I am grateful that she didn't shut me out when I unexpectedly let myself into her house and let her talk and listen as much or little as she needed. I then told her some hilarious stories that were shared in my class tonight.
As I was chatting with her, a guy friend and I were chatting. I'd messaged him to see if he had gone bowling, as is typical for his Monday evening plans. I was thinking of dragging someone with me to get her mind off of things, but was unable to because he was sick. I let hm know of he needed anything, to let me know. I've taken him Gatorade and crackers before when he had food poisoning last year. Less than an hour later, in the middle of video conferencing my sister, I see a few messages quickly from my sick friend stating he needed to go to a doctor because he had vomited blood. Knowing my sad friend would be alright and understanding, I was able to quickly rush to my sick friend's aid. He had been feverish and, smartly so, didn't want to be driving. I could tell, after seeing him walk toward my car wearing a sweatshirt AND a coat, that he really was quite ill. Usually he is a space
heater and frequently leaves his coat in the car. After getting him to the after-hours doctor, we headed to the late-night pharmacy to pick up some anti-nausea medication, Gatorade, crackers and ginger ale. As we were walking thru the store, he mentioned that his legs felt like jello. I knew at that point that I was going to carry his basket of purchases, and for once, he didn't really fight me at all about it. He was just too exhausted to bother. I dropped him off and have informed him that my phone is turned up all night if he has any more problems.
I am grateful for those random times my family has been ill in the past and I have been able to help them get what they need to feel better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day