Wait.... tomorrow's graduation?!?!?

Now hold on a jolly good minute here. What do you mean tomorrow is graduation? I know it's been a long 4.5 years, but really? Graduation is tomorrow? I've still got so much to do and learn.


Well, Facebook will make it official in about 15 hours. And if it's on Facebook, it MUST be true.....


 Graduation begins at 9:30 am tomorrow morning.


The relieved face of a student teacher after turning in her last assignment.
 
This last Friday, I had to say goodbye to my student teaching class. I am extremely grateful to have been placed at this school in February. I learned so much by working with both the students and the staff at that school. I've grown as a teacher and an individual. I've done some toughening up and some loosening up as well during my time there.  As a wise branch president, President Thacker, would tell us frequently, "Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape." One of the biggest academic things I have learned this semester is to roll with the flow. It is imperative to have a plan of action/lesson plan, but it is important to meet the students where they are each day. The students I worked with primarily were individuals with ADHD and/or Autism Spectrum Disorders. There were days when they exceeded my expectations and there were days when they put the breaks on what I had planned and we went with what they needed at the time. That could have been making cards for a fellow student who was moving, combining math classes at student's requests, or going over something again because they had difficulty with it.


Emotions and thoughts are running through my head right now. Am I ready for this? As ready as I am going to be right now. I know that I will do A LOT of learning during my first years of teaching. It isn't going to be easy. Just as my student teaching was no walk in the park, I know my first year will be rough. I am so grateful for all of the professors that I've had and the time they have spent helping me to grow and learn. I'm also grateful to have the gospel in my life and the blessings I receive each and every day because of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day