I know it's been a while since I wrote a gratitude related post. Believe me when I say, it is not because I do not have anything to be grateful for. On the contrary, I have so much to be grateful for.
It's been an emotionally difficult few days. I am facing the last few days before I will transition myself back to a family ward after spending more than 11 years in what I think is the best singles branch ever. (Ok, I'm extremely biased, but what are you going to do about it?)

But tonight, I am choosing to be grateful. Grateful for all my blessings. Grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows what I need. Today, after losing my phone, my head decided to react to the allergens in the air, which left me feeling kind of miserable. I was able to get some medicine (another thing I'm grateful for) and take a nap. I'm grateful that the Lord knows that some nights, a healthy meal is what is needed. I'm also grateful for those friends the Lord has blessed me with who offer homemade chocolate chip cookies after I've eaten tapioca pudding for dinner. Yes, my system is not the most pleased at my choice of fuel, but my mind is feeling happy, and grateful.
I'm extremely grateful for the lessons I am able to learn by the Lord's use of people in my life. One of my worries about going back to the ward is that I will be leaving my friends and that in so doing, they will not include me anymore. Tonight I was able to learn that my friends will still be my friends, no matter what ward I attend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day