Well, it's been a while.....
I realize that it's been a few months since I've done a bit of blogging. The last 6 weeks have zoomed by so fast, it's caught me off guard!
May 14, 2013
I GOT A FREAKIN' SCHOLARSHIP!!!!!!!!!
"Dear Julie,
I am pleased to inform you that the Judith Herb College of Education Scholarship Committee has selected you to receive the Celia Koontz Findlay Scholarship in Elementary Education for the 2013-2014 academic year.
......
This is an honor as the competition was formidable with 164 highly qualified students competing for 63 scholarships. The Scholarship committee commends you for your excellent academic record."
I was more excited after reading this letter than I was about the fact that I also received 2 ginormous bags of peppered beef jerky in the mail as well! This scholarship is for nearly $3,000 dollars!
May 24-26, 2013
Zion's Camp!
I met this guy!
In case you didnt know, this is Alex Boye! He is a singer with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and was our guest speaker at Zions Camp this year! Here is his story. He had a really great message (and embarrassed a few people by singing to them, especially one guy who ended up with Alex sitting on his lap!)
June 7, 2013
Mom and Dad celebrated their 30th anniversary! They took themselves (and their dog, Toby) camping for a few days to celebrate. They came home with a new-to-them pick-up truck for my dad.
June 16, 2013
After attending Sacrament meeting on Father's day with my parents, Jennie had the great idea "Let's tp dad's new truck in the church parking lot!!!!" So we called up Christina, picked up her and the tp and got to work!
July 5, 2013
Accepted (provissionaly) into my professional ed part of my degree! 2 YEARS TILL GRADUATION!!!!
July 5, 2013 (the aftershock)
After registering for fall classes and seeing my booked schedule 3 days a week, I realized quickly that I would not be able to work full time (as I have been doing for all of my time at UT), starting this fall. No work full time = no money for rent = I'm moving home in about 3-5 weeks.
My parents have offered for months and months to let me move home so I could not work as many hours and get thru my program faster, but I am stubborn and didn't want to give up my independence unless I HAD to.... well, I have to. While it was a hard pill for me to swallow on Friday (I actually went to bed in tears that night) I am realizing that it is for the greater good. I will be able to focus on school. How grateful I am for parents who are willing to help me, even when I want to be stubborn and reject their help in the name of independence.
July 10, 2013
My Fall 2013 semester bill finally posted. This shows how much my schooling is going to cost for fall and how much of it is covered by grants/loans/scholarship. I looked at the Financial Aid refund I will be getting durring the first week of classes and realized I have enough to pay off my car in August! (I had the goal of paying off my car by the end of the year, which was quickly kinda squashed when I learned I wouldnt be able to work full time this fall)
May 14, 2013
I GOT A FREAKIN' SCHOLARSHIP!!!!!!!!!
"Dear Julie,
I am pleased to inform you that the Judith Herb College of Education Scholarship Committee has selected you to receive the Celia Koontz Findlay Scholarship in Elementary Education for the 2013-2014 academic year.
......
This is an honor as the competition was formidable with 164 highly qualified students competing for 63 scholarships. The Scholarship committee commends you for your excellent academic record."
I was more excited after reading this letter than I was about the fact that I also received 2 ginormous bags of peppered beef jerky in the mail as well! This scholarship is for nearly $3,000 dollars!
May 24-26, 2013
Zion's Camp!
I met this guy!
In case you didnt know, this is Alex Boye! He is a singer with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and was our guest speaker at Zions Camp this year! Here is his story. He had a really great message (and embarrassed a few people by singing to them, especially one guy who ended up with Alex sitting on his lap!)
June 7, 2013
Mom and Dad celebrated their 30th anniversary! They took themselves (and their dog, Toby) camping for a few days to celebrate. They came home with a new-to-them pick-up truck for my dad.
June 16, 2013
After attending Sacrament meeting on Father's day with my parents, Jennie had the great idea "Let's tp dad's new truck in the church parking lot!!!!" So we called up Christina, picked up her and the tp and got to work!
Despite our "caution", telling people who drove into the parking lot "you dont see anything", he saw us from inside the church. And like any good father of girls, if they are getting along and not hurting anyone, let them do what they want.
July 5, 2013
Accepted (provissionaly) into my professional ed part of my degree! 2 YEARS TILL GRADUATION!!!!
July 5, 2013 (the aftershock)
After registering for fall classes and seeing my booked schedule 3 days a week, I realized quickly that I would not be able to work full time (as I have been doing for all of my time at UT), starting this fall. No work full time = no money for rent = I'm moving home in about 3-5 weeks.
My parents have offered for months and months to let me move home so I could not work as many hours and get thru my program faster, but I am stubborn and didn't want to give up my independence unless I HAD to.... well, I have to. While it was a hard pill for me to swallow on Friday (I actually went to bed in tears that night) I am realizing that it is for the greater good. I will be able to focus on school. How grateful I am for parents who are willing to help me, even when I want to be stubborn and reject their help in the name of independence.
July 10, 2013
My Fall 2013 semester bill finally posted. This shows how much my schooling is going to cost for fall and how much of it is covered by grants/loans/scholarship. I looked at the Financial Aid refund I will be getting durring the first week of classes and realized I have enough to pay off my car in August! (I had the goal of paying off my car by the end of the year, which was quickly kinda squashed when I learned I wouldnt be able to work full time this fall)
Comments