Note to students:

Note to students:
MEET WITH YOUR ADVISER REGULARLY!!!!
I met with mine this morning and she was able to look at classes I took when I was in college the first time and make them work toward courses I still needed for my degree! She saved me an entire semester (5 classes) worth of time, money and stress!
Advisers can do amazing things, but only if you meet with them regularly. Make yourselves known to them as hardworking, determined and dedicated and they can do such magical things as working past GPA requirements*, make classes work toward your degree**, and even write scholarship-winning letters of recommendation***!
Thank you Pat Beckett!!!! You are amazing!
* and **: As many of you know, I have an associates degree in general liberal... bla bla bla. I am grateful to have finished that degree years ago (graduated in 2004), but I didn't do so well with my GPA. When a much more mature and determined me went back to school 6-7 years later, I didn't have quite the GPA to get into my program. But after a few 4.0 semesters, I was able to get close enough to my required GPA and make an impression on my adviser that showed I meant business when it came to my studies now. She admitted me to my program when I was less than .1 GP away from the requirement. (my current GPA and past GPA were averaged)
*** This summer, I received a scholarship. Because of my hard work and determination, my adviser easily wrote me a letter of recommendation that helped to secure the scholarship. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day