Yea, I'm a runner.... who enjoys walking....
So, what seems like 3 months ago, my friend Brad and I were talking about running. He was getting prepping to run a 5k back home in Pennsylvania. I was trying to get into running, but just couldn't force myself to get out and do it. I decided to sign up for a 5k thinking that would really force me to get out. Brad emailed me around the beginning of April about a 5k on the BGSU campus that would be happening about a week after my birthday and we both signed up (and my parents as well. There was a dog walk that my dad was happy to join.)
Well the last few weeks have given me plenty of excuses for not getting out and running. Between weather being completely moody, my work schedule with a school schedule and church activities squished together, I just didn't feel like running. I have had family and friends sick or not feeling well for weeks. Boy, I wish I had trained more....today was kinda rough.
Today was the RUN BGSU SAAM 5k (as pictured above). I knew Brad would cream me, seeing as he has been training much harder (well, anything is much harder than my nearly non-existent training.) I figured my mom would be slower, seeing as she had the dog and hasn't run as much as she used to. Yea, she creamed me too.
I can't sell myself too short. Starting the 1st mile was alright, till we got to a straight road with the wind directly in our faces the whole time. Yea. Running in that didn't really occur much after the first minute or two. I spent most of the race walking briskly, but not running any after the first mile. Even if I was one of the last people to finish, I finished, and at a personal best! My time was about 46:30. Last year's 5k was around 59:52. That means I shaved over 14 minutes off my time! Yay me!

Comments