Music and Me

    A friend of mine (Brad Kita) and I have been practicing a few vocal pieces to perform at church one of these days. We both enjoy singing, yet do not get the opportunity to perform as much as we would like to because we do not currently have a branch choir. Right after work yesterday, I rushed down to BG so he could let me into the church to play the piano while he went to look at some houses with his realtor. I probably shouldn't have made it down there as fast as I did, but I made it to the church before Brad did, and he works in BG already!
    After practicing the piano and singing for 3 hours last night after work, I was exhausted! Who knew that much music would make me so tired!
    How tired was I you may ask? I got home a bit before 9 pm and laid on the couch, debating what to have for dinner. Seeing as I rushed down to BG straight from work to get into the church, I didn't have time to stop for dinner and didn't feel like stopping on my way home. I turned on an episode of Mythbusters and enjoyed them blowing up stuff for a while. Next thing I know, the episode is over and I had fallen asleep! I did not get off that couch till about 7:15 this morning!
    Was it worth it, falling asleep 3 hours earlier than normal? Absolutely.
    I am a musical person. I enjoy singing and playing the piano. I loved participating in a choir and miss that experience quite a bit. (The choir I participated in for years was dissolved a couple years back due to lack of interest/people.) Music, especially singing and the piano, has been a great stress relief for years for me. I have several songs memorized that I can just pound out on the piano when I am in a funk and they usually help me work thru the funk and get back to a more normal for me state of mind. (Which, for those who know me, isn't that normal to begin with!)
    I miss singing in a group of people. I miss being part of a big group working toward one goal; the performance. I miss playing in an orchestra even though I wasn't that great. It's just the feeling of being part of something and included. Don't we all just want to feel included? Well, except for the times when we just want to blend in and not be noticed. I've had those moments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day