A look at my crazy life....

     I realize I have fallen behind in my Blog-a-day 2012 goal. I'm ok with that. Life has been pretty crazy with school, work, traveling, attempting to excercise more, getting financial things figured out, etc. That last one still isnt figured out 100%....probably not even 40%.
     I've thought for a while about quitting my job this fall. I am wanting to graduate much quicker than my current path is taking me. I have been attending classes on a part time basis at UT for the last three anda half semesters. If I continue taking classes part time till I have to go full time, it might take me about five and a half years.  That's YEARS! But, if I start taking classes full time starting this fall, I could be finished in about three to three and a half years. Doing this also allows me to save quite a bit of money in the long run. By not dragging out my schooling, I am eliminating semesters. By doing this, I dont have as many of the "same ammount no matter how many credits you're taking" fees to pay for. (parking permit fee, general fee, library fee, education fee, facilities fee, insurance fee...) All these add up to roughly a $9,000 savings by going full time!!
     One major part of this decision that hasnt been figured out yet is how I am going to afford going to school full time this fall AND quit my current job. I plan on becoming a student worker here on campus to suplement my income, but there is still quite a chunk of change to cover. (rent, car payment, car insurance, gas, utilities, food, entertainment, etc.).
     So I have been applying and trying to apply for lots of scholarships. It's tough finding legitimate scholarships/grants that are actualy going to pan out. So, we shall see how this is going to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day