Purchase Order for Pizza?

I typed up a purchase order this morning for some insulation. About 20 minutes after I faxed it over to the vendor, I receive a call that went something like this:
 
Julie: Good morning. This is Julie. How can I help you?
Caller: We just received purchase order XXXX-XXXX for (Vendor).... We are a pizza shop.
Julie: A what shop?
Caller: A pizza shop. We have received about 12 faxes for (Vendor) since yesterday. So I have been calling the people who sent them to us to ensure that they are able to still get their stuff ordered, but that they need to call (Vendor).
Julie: Ok, thanks for letting me know. I will call (Vendor) and see what the problem is.
 
After verifying that the fax number I sent the purchase order to was NOT the fax number for the pizza place, I called (Vendor) to figure out what was going on.
 
Aparantly (Vendor) had been having problems with their fax number/machine/line and forwarded all incoming faxes to their branch in Columbus. But when the person set up the fax forwarding, they accidently put in the pizza company's fax number. That explains why the pizza company had been getting fax orders for insulation, not just pizza....

Comments

Unknown said…
I'd like an extra large pepperoni and foam insulation. Can I get that with thin crust?

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day