I lost my wallet.....

So I lost my wallet…. Big deal…. I misplace stuff all the time…. Usually my phone, the phone charger, the remote control, car keys. But usually I find them after a bit of looking (and cleaning/reorganizing). Not so this time.

I used my wallet when I bought dinner at Tim Horton’s after going to institute in Bowling Green on Thursday. Then Michelle and I went to Wal-mart to get some snacks for a movie night going on the next day.

The next day (Friday) I was going to go get something to eat for lunch, but my wallet was not in my purse…. or my car…. No biggie, I had stuff in my office fridge I really should have eaten anyway.

Friday night, I clogged a toilet and needed to get a plunger. Because I still didn't know where my wallet was, I ended up going to Giant Eagle and they had one plunger left (thank goodness). Because I had my shopper loyalty card, they already had my drivers license number programmed in their computer system, so I didn't need my wallet to write a check.

Saturday I called Wal-Mart and Tim Horton’s with no luck.

After assuming the wallet had traveled to Michelle’s work via a Wal-Mart bag with school paper in it, I didn't think much of it and awaited a text message from her stating it had been found.

After some emails back and forth with my mom this morning, I decided to call Wal-Mart and Tim Horton’s again and see if anything had been turned in yet. On my way out of my office I said a silent prayer to myself (Note: this was not the first prayer about this particular situation). I got into my car and said another prayer, this time vocally expressing my concern that my wallet be found by someone honest and that I get it back as soon as possible.

I called Wal-Mart first and after describing it, telling them my name, and some time on hold (while muttering “please let it be there, please let it be there” the lady got back on the line and said that they had it. (YES!!!!!) Apparently someone found it on a shelf (apparently I put it on a shelf and left it there?!?!) but (after thanking Heavenly Father that it was found, and calling my boss to tell her I would be taking a bit of a longer lunch to pick up the wallet I had lost) I went and picked it up. And to my surprise and relief, everything was still in there that was important (my debit card, drivers license, social security card, birth certificate***)

Boy was that a not so smart 5 days…. But I learned a few valuable lessons:

  1. 1.  Don’t leave your wallet on a shelf in a store.
  2. 2.  DON’T KEEP YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD IN YOUR WALLET!!!!!

 ***To those who wondered how my birth certificate fits in my wallet without folding it…. I was born in Utah and they give 2 birth certificates. One is the big one, and one is a laminated, state seal embossed version that can fit in a wallet. Having worked several temporary staffing agencies in the past few years, they require that you provide a certain amount of documentation that you are, indeed, a legal US citizen and that it is legal for you to work in the US (I.e.: drivers license, birth certificate, Social Security card.) So after getting them from my mom a few years ago, I hadn’t given the latter 2 items back and had taken to carrying them around in my wallet. They will no longer be in my wallet, but safely back with my mom. (who I know will take better care of them than I do....)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day