You may say you understand
Or that your sorry.
And you truly may be.
But in the moment
You don't.
You don't know what it feels like to have hormones raging through your system.
Hormones that are there to help create a life
But I'm missing half the picture.
Half the ingredients
I have a monthly ache
Physically and emotionally
That reminds me that I'm half of something
Half of a family?
Half of a plan?
An unfinished masterpiece
Waiting for The Master to paint my other half
The other half he has planned for me.
So I wait....
Month after month
And year after year
Holding on to a promise made
A promise that can't be broken as long as I do my part.
But while I wait
I ache and I bleed and I cry and I think
And I wait.
Or that your sorry.
And you truly may be.
But in the moment
You don't.
You don't know what it feels like to have hormones raging through your system.
Hormones that are there to help create a life
But I'm missing half the picture.
Half the ingredients
I have a monthly ache
Physically and emotionally
That reminds me that I'm half of something
Half of a family?
Half of a plan?
An unfinished masterpiece
Waiting for The Master to paint my other half
The other half he has planned for me.
So I wait....
Month after month
And year after year
Holding on to a promise made
A promise that can't be broken as long as I do my part.
But while I wait
I ache and I bleed and I cry and I think
And I wait.
Comments