Today's Teacher Mood: GROUCHY!
There are some times in life when you just keep giving and giving to your students, with the "promise" or notion that your giving is an investment in your student's future. You're planting a seed that you may never see bloom, but, by golly, you planted the freaking seed.
Today was one of those rough days full of unmet expectations, directions stated, restated and repeated, and facepalming because it's keeping me from yelling at my students. It seems like every time I turned around, I had one student or another just doing something that they shouldn't have been doing.
My students are a difficult group of kiddos. Many days they are fantastic. But there have been several days recently that have just been one disaster after another. (Note: in the grand overview, it really isn't that bad. But when you are right in the thick of a struggle, it definitely gets you frustrated. )
Even when it gets rough , I'm extremely grateful to have the support system of other teachers I work with that laugh at stuff my kiddos have done, listen to me vent at nauseam, encourage me to keep trying and help me realize that most of the struggle isn't my fault. These amazing people help me refill myself mentally when I feel as if I've given my all and it hasn't been enough.
There are some times in life when you just keep giving and giving to your students, with the "promise" or notion that your giving is an investment in your student's future. You're planting a seed that you may never see bloom, but, by golly, you planted the freaking seed.
Today was one of those rough days full of unmet expectations, directions stated, restated and repeated, and facepalming because it's keeping me from yelling at my students. It seems like every time I turned around, I had one student or another just doing something that they shouldn't have been doing.
My students are a difficult group of kiddos. Many days they are fantastic. But there have been several days recently that have just been one disaster after another. (Note: in the grand overview, it really isn't that bad. But when you are right in the thick of a struggle, it definitely gets you frustrated. )
Even when it gets rough , I'm extremely grateful to have the support system of other teachers I work with that laugh at stuff my kiddos have done, listen to me vent at nauseam, encourage me to keep trying and help me realize that most of the struggle isn't my fault. These amazing people help me refill myself mentally when I feel as if I've given my all and it hasn't been enough.
Comments