So I'm in bed, trying to sleep on my last night of summer break and I feel like the kids in the Disney commercial: I'm too excited to sleep! In 6.5 hours, my alarm will wake me up and I'll start a new year of school. Even though this week is teacher training week with no students, I'm still excited. Excited to see my amazing returning coworkers, meet the new additions to our Summit family, embark on a new chapter as the CC room intervention specialist in the high school, and excited to have our whole Summit family under one roof.
With all this excitement also comes a boatload of other feelings and emotions. Anxiety and nervousness about my new position, worry that the new building won't be ready for school to start, wonder about how big my classroom is and how I'm going to create an amazing classroom environment that works for not only my students, but myself and my instructional assistant. At the end of last school year, my coteacher for the last 2 years got a position in the local public school district, our English teacher left because of some health issues, her intervention specialist (my teacher bestie) got married and moved out of state. This year, 2 of my friends are amongst the new staff joining us this year. Even though we will all be in different floors, it will be fun to collaborate and commiserate with everyone!
While there is SO MUCH to do before my kiddos start, I'm excited for the new year full of new possibilities!
With all this excitement also comes a boatload of other feelings and emotions. Anxiety and nervousness about my new position, worry that the new building won't be ready for school to start, wonder about how big my classroom is and how I'm going to create an amazing classroom environment that works for not only my students, but myself and my instructional assistant. At the end of last school year, my coteacher for the last 2 years got a position in the local public school district, our English teacher left because of some health issues, her intervention specialist (my teacher bestie) got married and moved out of state. This year, 2 of my friends are amongst the new staff joining us this year. Even though we will all be in different floors, it will be fun to collaborate and commiserate with everyone!
While there is SO MUCH to do before my kiddos start, I'm excited for the new year full of new possibilities!
Comments