Oh, the lessons I have learned...
A few years ago, I took a trip. Alone. And on this trip, I learned a lot about myself, others and the way agency works. I learned I can do hard things. I learned I can go out on a limb, even if I don't know how strong that limb is. I learned how important it is to spend some time alone. I've learned how much fun it can me to meet new people. I've learned that no matter how awkward people try to make it, you can't make someone do something they don't want to do. And over the years, I've learned to be ok with that.
I did learn some unique things as well. I relearned my love for a cappella as I spent many hours in the car. I learned how interesting it is to go Black Friday shopping by yourself. I learned that I can watch 3D movies without getting motion sick. I learned how much I enjoy IHOP pancakes. I learned I can entertain myself for hours with a camera, a tripod and a beautiful college campus.
In the 5 years since this trip, the Lord has helped me learn even more. I've learned how much the Lord loves me. I know He has a plan for me. I know he keeps his promises. I've learned how to move on with hope for the future. And I am grateful for the experience and what I've learned since then.
Comments