This trip to Utah has been wonderful! Got to see my grandparents, all my aunts and uncles, most of my cousins and many of their children. The highlight of the trip though was seeing my grandfather enter the celestial room at the end of an endowment session.

-------

While eating his dinner, my Grandpa and I had the following brief conversation:

Grandpa: "So why don't you just stay here with us and let us enjoy your company?"
Me: "Because I've got to finish college."
Grandpa: "Do you have any special classes?"
Me: "I'll be doing my student teaching." (Something that still scares me a bit.)
Grandpa: "What are you studying?"
Me: "Special education."
Grandpa: "I skipped college and went into the army. We had our own special classes. They were about how to stay alive."
Thank you Grandpa for your service in WWII and giving me a bit of a perspective check.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day