Gratitude journal: day 4

Today, especially, I am grateful for those who serve to protect our country and communities. Recently, 2 firefighters answered their last earthly call and lost their lives in an apartment fire in Toledo. I had the opportunity to watch the Last Alarm memorial in their honor. It made me think of my family and those who serve as firemen, police officers, and those who fight in the military. I think of my grandfathers, James F. Perry, who served in and retired from the Greencastle Fire Department, and Bruce B. Hall, who fought in the Pacific Theater of World War II. I think of my great uncles, James Baugh, who died in the line of duty as Captain of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office in Indiana, and Robert M. Elmore, who served in and retired from a fire department in Indiana. I think of my uncles David Hall and Doug Hall, who have both worked in law enforcement in Utah. 
To those who have served, and those who still do, I am grateful to you and your families for your sacrifice and service. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day