Mystery Flower Delivery?

     Every year at my office, the president of the company gets flowers delivered from some lady for Sweetest Day. (He's not married. And why the flowers are delivered to the office is beyond me; the guy spends 98% of the week outside the office. I may see him for an few hours every couple weeks. They literally sit on his office coffee table for weeks and dry out. Then he puts the dried skeleton of flowers on the top of his shelf with the flowers from the past.)
     Every year, I wonder for a brief split second, while I am taking the flowers from the delivery person, if someone is sending me flowers. Then I always get that little twinge of disappointment when I read the card and find out they are not for me.

     Well, I got a call around 1:15 this afternoon from Ken's Flower Shoppe in Perrysburg. They tried to deliver something to my house, but I wasn't home and they wondered if I want to pick it up after work. I tried to get them to tell me who it was from, but because there is no name on the card, they have to treat it as if it is a "do not reveal". They did offer to read the card for me though....
"Have a happy birthday"

     That's all that was there. No inside joke to help me understand who it was from. No name. Nothing.
     I don't know of anyone who would send me flowers. The last flowers I had delivered to me came from my father when I was 8 and in elementary school.

Anticipation. Wonder. Curiosity. EEK!


     I think part of why I'm so curious about this is because I don't know of anyone who would send me flowers. I'm not married, I'm not in a romantic relationship with anyone. I also don't want to be let down. Don't get me wrong. Surprises like this are nice, but the suspense is allowing my mind to go wild with imagination. Could it be from a secret admirer? Someone I know who is just too shy to come out and say something to me? Or is it from a friend of mine trying to be nice and show that they are thinking of me on my birthday? I do not mean to sound ungrateful, or selfish, or snobbish, but... you know what I mean, right?
     I've gotten my hopes up so many times before that I've kinda adopted the philosophy of "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day