Going Back To School?



Yep. It's true. Julie Perry is going back to college! Those that have known me for quite some time already know that I struggled a bit at Owens Community College due I think in part to the undecidedness of my major, graduated with my associate of Arts (General Liberal Transfer Studies, aka the general classes that apply to any degree equaling the 1st 2 years of my bachelors degree) in December of 2004, then went off to the working world. After different experiences, many unexpected blessings and much thought and prayer over the last 6 years, I decided in February/March 2010 that I really wanted to finish my bachelors degree.
Part of what kept me from going back to school was the aversion I had to student loans. I graduated with my Associates degree with no student loans at all. I say this not to brag, but simply to state that fact. Somehow I got over my total dislike of student loans and applied to UT and FAFSA earlier this year.
I start school today. While I am excited to be taking this new step, part of me wonders if I will succeed or struggle like I did the last time.
I attended Convocation on Friday. Most of it was boring as most manditory college meetings are. While at Convocation, they played a slideshow of different pictures of incoming students this semester and set it to the song "Walk on the Moon" by Great Big Sea. Very fitting song for a new Rocket student!
Here I go!


Comments

Megan Gery said…
Congratulations! Going back to school is a decision you won't regret. I'm excited for you!

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day