Holiday Celebration, Part 1

So Christmas 2009 has come and gone. While I wish it had lasted a bit longer (or I wish I had been in the mood a little bit sooner) I had an enjoyable holiday.
Usualy on Christmas Eve, we gather as a family and have traditional Perry/Hall family Christmas Dinner consisting of Hooser Chili from the Perry side of the family (for those of you not familiar with Indiana, Hooser Chili is chili with spagetti added to it) and from the Hall side of the family we have Homemade Clam Chowder. We read the begining verses of Luke 2. Then we each get to open one gift Christmas Eve. When we were younger, that is about when we had to go to bed so Santa would come.
This year was a bit different. We ate dinner in shifts and left (Jennie, my mom and dad ate before Michelle and I got there because we took a bit longer than expected getting cookies done.) Christina had to work Christmas Eve and wasnt suposed to get off till like 11:30 PM. So my mom had the grand idea to visit Christina at work, and play games there. (FYI, she works for a coffee shop, so there are tables and stuff to play on.) It was a blast! Below are a few photos from what I hope will become a new family tradition.


Mom and Jennie while we played Phase 10 sitting in a coffee shop....

Not exactly sure why she was making this face, but glad she let me take a picture of it.

We eventualy left the coffee shop and went back to my parents and did our traditional Christmas Eve festivities as listed above. Then some of us stayed up and watched Star Trek (again.... what can I say, it's a good movie!) Needless to say I was really tired and briefly enjoyed sleeping in Christmas morning till after 9... that is till I realized I was suposed to be at my parents house at 9.... oops.



We continued our Christmas tradition of eating mini boxes of cereal for Christmas breakfast before opening gifts.... I knew a few of the gifts because when it comes to buying clothing as gifts in our family, you better let the recepient choose the clothing. I got mugs and hot coco that I cant wait to go home and enjoy tonight while snuggle in the fuzzy blanket from my grandparents and read one of the craft books I got!! (talk about relaxing evening at home!) Also got a gift card to Michaels (I can't imagine how Michelle knew I shop at craft stores! I am looking forward to some of the sales that are going on or comming up soon to make the most of the $$.) My parents were even able to find a DVD of my favorite movie, 1776!!!! (for some reason I dont like history, but I love this movie!) There was one gift I wasnt allowed to open till last....



Yupp, that's right! My family got me my long awated, frequently requested digital camera (I had only been asking for it or gift cards toward one for about 2 years!) Thanks to my family (especially Christina who went out at the butt crack of dawn Black Friday to buy it for me!)

I look forward to now being able to add better pictures to my blog and to get back into scrapbooking and maybe a tad bit of photography! Yippee!



Comments

Unknown said…
Merry Christmas Peanut Brittle!

Popular posts from this blog

New Printer?!?!?!?!?

Rough Day