Training for someone else's maternity leave
So I have 10.5 weeks left till one of the lady's in my office goes on maternity leave. We will be having bi-weekly meetings to make sure that we are prepared for her departure and extended absence. She is due December 7, but depending on lots of different factors (if she goes early or goes on time or late, weather or not she has a C-section, etc) she could be gone anywhere from the week of Thanksgiving to the middle or end of January. So I am in the process of being trained on some of the things she does. A lot of it I already know how to do, but some of it is stuff I haven't needed to know because she has been here (payroll, hiring process for the shop, etc.)
The next several months will be very busy for me at work.... but I know I can do it
*added bonus info: I was talking with my boss a few weeks ago about when I needed to use my last vacation day before I lost it. she informed me that I had till the end of the year to use it, but October 27th =(my 1 year mark with the company) I will get an additional week (5 days) vacation (yeah!) that need to be used by the end of the year because.... .... .... I GET ANOTHER 2 WEEKS (10 days) COME JANUARY 1st!
It is easier for the company to have everyone's vacations start on January 1st rater than to try and track all the different start dates and year marks for everyone.
**double bonus info!!!! If I don't plan to use the days by like the middle of December, I get any unused days paid out to me (talk about Christmas Bonus!$$)
Comments